Wednesday, August 1, 2012

REVIEW : NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

Hi, folks!!^^
How are you guys doing?
I'm back with a review today <3

The one I'm going to review today is a lip pencil from NARS. I always love NARS product!
Sadly, as I am still a student with limited income, I have to save my money first before I can buy one..
NARS is pretty expensive, you know ><

So, the product name is NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. Bought one at a special price (IDR 190.000/USD 19) at an online shop called Sugar Bomb. The reason she sell it at such price is because it came with no box.



NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dolce Vita" - CAP CLOSED

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dolce Vita" - CAP OPENED

The shade I bought is Dolce Vita.
I'm not good at describing colors, in fact, I'm sucks at it.. >< but in my opinion, Dolce Vita is a warm red, with a hint of orange (or brown..?) in it..
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dolce Vita" - SWATCH 

When I took this lip close-up pic, the color shows up a little bit sheerer. But it looks bolder on my lips with full-face pic.


What I love about this pencil is that it doesn't dry out my lips! I tend to avoid matte lip colors and prefer to wear lipgloss because my lip dries easily. At least, lipgloss could hide the dryness.. xDD
I didn't experience any dryness while wearing this one. It doesn't even drying when I wear it to church! (FYI, the air-con in my church building is very cold and tends to dry my lips ><)
The color is also long lasting. And it compliments my skintone too... Really love this one... <3
The color is very suitable for those who wants a bold lips without overdoing it. Or those who meets difficulties when wearing red lip color.

OVERALL
Pro(s) :
-Doesn't dry my lips
-Subtle color
-Easy application
-Long Lasting

Con(s) :
NONE^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here, but please DO NOT leave any kind of ill words, insults, and promotions/advertising/offers there as I will not responding to it.
I read and reply every single comments as soon as I log in.
Do leave your own blog link so I can visit back. :)

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3