Monday, October 29, 2012

REVIEW : Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in #1 "Luminous Radiance"

I'm in love with YSL!! After the Glossy Stain which I really love, this time I fall in love with their super famous Touche Eclat.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch is actually a multitasking product, but its main purposes are as a corrector and also as a highlighter. The shade number doesn't brings the shade in the right brightness level order, as I found the #1.5 Radiant Silk is darker than #2 Luminous Ivory.

\Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in #1 "Luminous Radiance"


Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in #1 "Luminous Radiance" - PACKAGING DETAILS



YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch comes in an elegant, metallic gold click-pen, with a brush tip. The brand and product name is printed in black letters. You can find the YSL logo on its cap. The pen is boxed within a gold-metallic box. So YSL-like!
It retails at IDR 430.000 at local YSL Counters here (found in major Department Stores like SOGO, Metro, or Debenhams). On the US web, it's USD 40.


I found a lot of people mistook this thing as a concealer (well, I admit, I DID too!), while its actually a corrector and highlighter. I've read it somewhere that the best way to use this as corrector is to layer this over your own concealer, but I also love applying this straightly onto my skin. I mainly use this to brighten up my under eyes area, and correct any blemishes, and red spots.

The shade I choose is #1 Luminous Radiance. Both #1 Luminous Radiance and #2 Luminous Ivory shade match my NC20/Light Plus skin perfectly, but I'd prefer #1 as it's pink undertone can fight my dark circles better. It does correct my blemishes and red spots like magic too! My boyfriend couldn't even notice I have pimple when I use this product, until I remove my makeup at home. (Usually he's able to point out my pimples although I've covered it with my Benefit Boi-ing Concealer).

 YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in #1 Luminous Radiance - SWATCH

Note : sorry the pic is quite dark! I can't seem to find a great spot with better lighting ><

The pic below shows the comparison of my eyes using YSL Touche Eclat. I applied the product on my right eye (on your left), while I didn't apply anything on my left eye (on your right). The arrows show my darkest spot around eyes.As you can see, my right eye looks brighter than the left. (click on pic to get a bigger, detailed picture).

About the texture, it's kinda runny and watery, but it's still easy to blend by patting. The brush tip, I assume it's for application and blending purpose, doesn't work too well. In fact, I hate brush tip applicator as it could likely get streaky. I'd rather dot a small amount and pat it. The pen is more hygiene than pot packaging, but the clicking system is a miss for me, as it tends to let out more product than I need.

Pro (s) :
-A great Corrector and brightener
-Covers my flaws perfectly

Con(s) :
-Click-pen type tends to let out more product than I need
-The brush is useless
-Expensive

Recently I found out that YSL releases a liquid foundation with the same formula as this product. It also has similar name too. I've talked about it here. Looking for its sample right now! <3

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3

1 comment:

Leave your thoughts here, but please DO NOT leave any kind of ill words, insults, and promotions/advertising/offers there as I will not responding to it.
I read and reply every single comments as soon as I log in.
Do leave your own blog link so I can visit back. :)

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3