Monday, January 28, 2013

REVIEW : Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in "Beige Dore (BD) 10"

YSL.. I really love their products. First, I love their glossy stain (reviewed here). Then, I also fall in love with their super famous Touche Eclat (which I've also reviewed here). And their recent product, the Le Teint Touche Eclat I am about to review here, is claimed to have the exact same ingredients and formula with the Touche Eclat pen. Is it really true? We'll find out!



PACKAGING (3.5/5)
I'll break my opinion about this product's packaging in 3 points; outer packaging, product container, and the pump :
1. The outer box is glossy gold with the YSL logo embossed in red, on the middle of the box. The shade name and number is printed on the top of the box. 
my cam's (and my ugly fingers) reflection were captured *_*


2. The product itself is packed in a glass pump bottle. The glass is very thick and heavy, but as it is glass, it's very fragile. I am really afraid I would drop it, especially because I DID dropped things often. Fortunately it never happens. LOL 

3. The cap and pump are made from plastic with glossy metallic gold coating. The YSL logo is embossed on top of the cap. I don't really like the gold coating. It's very easy for my fingerprints to stuck there, making it look dirty and unhygienic. But I do praise the luxurious feeling it gave.

TEXTURE AND FORMULA (4/5)
The texture of this product's a little bit runny, compared to a few other foundations I've tried, making it easy to blend; either with brush, sponge, or just fingertips; and also feels really lightweight. It has a good oil control, despite the non oil-free formula it has. I have combo skin, in which my T-Zone is very oily; and my nose starts to get a little bit oily after 3-4 hours of wearing, and become very oily after about 5-6 hours, a nice feat when I usually get oily in only 2 hours. Horrible, eh?

TOP : Blended
BOTTOM: Unblended


It has SPF 19/PA ++, which is pretty decent in protecting your skin from harmful UV rays, but surprisingly, it didn't produce any whitecast on me while taking pics with flash! (at least in my opinion it's not white cast!)


COVERAGE (4/5)
This product has a sheer coverage, but buildable into medium coverage. While my face isn't really that acne-prone,I have trouble with dark spots and redness, and this foundation could cover it just well. But, once again, it has sheer to medium coverage, so it'll just lessen the spots appearance, but not completely gone.

LEFT : Bare face
RIGHT : After applying the foundation, just 1 layer
[CLICK ON THE PIC TO ENLARGE]

As you can see there, the product blurs the appearance of my flaws. 

COLOR (3.5/5)
For this product, YSL divides the shades into 3 groups of undertone; the shades begins with BR is Beige Rose, for pink undertones; while BD stands for Beige Dore, for those with golden undertones. The last group is coded B, means Beige, for neutral undertones. I choose BD-10, the lightest shade in BD group, which actually still leans a bit lighter and peachy pink on my skin. But it's okay, since it oxidizes and blends my actual skintone afterwards.

OVERALL (4/5) : I don't really see any similarities between this foundation and the Touche Eclat pen, as the BA (and the website too) claimed. However, I do love its formula. It doesn't cause my skin to breakout too. I am willing to repurchase. :)

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here, but please DO NOT leave any kind of ill words, insults, and promotions/advertising/offers there as I will not responding to it.
I read and reply every single comments as soon as I log in.
Do leave your own blog link so I can visit back. :)

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3