Thursday, July 26, 2012

REVIEW : Urban Decay Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box

Hello folks!
I am intended to review my newly opened Wet n Wild Trio Eyeshadows, but then my camera run out of battery and I can't find the charger right away.. T^T

So, instead of reviewing it, I came with another idea. Yeah! Reviewing my new UD Ammo (shorten it so I don't have to type it too long... xD)

I ordered my Ammo box since about early June, and it actually arrived about end of June. But I asked the seller to hold the item with her, waiting for my (have-yet-to-come) Benefit High Beam. Both I and the seller can't find any reason why the shipping takes too long.. It still hasn't arrived until now.. :(

So this tiny palette costs you $38 (website price) for a small palette consists of 10 eyeshadows, 0.8 grams for each shadows. But I purchased mine for IDR 440.000 (approx. USD 44) at Palacio de Bella II, an online shop through Facebook. You know, there's no Urban Decay or Sephora store in here.
It feels awkward for me mentioning another online shop, since I also have online shop selling similar stuffs like Palacio, but I think it's good to support each other. :D

Oh my, I've blabbered to much.. ><
Let's go straight onto the review, shall we?



URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW AMMO SHADOW BOX

This baby is a classic! We packed a smokin' mirrored compact with 10 of our best-selling shades. A must for any Urban Decay Eyeshadow fan.

If you can only own one Urban Decay palette, this is it. The 10 best-selling shadows are organized into coordinating duos. Beginners, match them up. Advanced UD Junkies, get creative.

The case is a tactile experience on its own. Covered in touchable, matte black paper, the compact features a mesmerizing assortment of UD elements - animals, hearts, skulls, and flourishes - gently wafting from a pistol in overlapping textures of violet metallic foil and rich velvety flocking.
(taken from urbandecay.com)

So here's what the palette looks like :
Closed Palette in its Plastic Box

Opened. 

PACKAGING
First of all... I LOOOOVEE the packaging. Urban Decay never fails me! (their 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner is an exception, actually) They actually made the cutest packaging. 
It came with a quite wide mirror (compared to the size of the palette) and a double-ended sponge applicator, which adding my collection of unused applicators. (I'd prefer eye brush to apply my eyeshadows)

COLORS
I really love the colors too, obviously. UD eyeshadows are famous for being highly pigmented, smooth, easily blendable, and also have a buttery finish, like my UD Book of Shadows vol. IV.
And this palette, they have amazing colors! I've already had the shade Sin actually, but I don't mind having multiple pans of the same shade if they're placed on different palettes, since I always do my eye makeup with only one palette only. (I am always in hurry and switching palettes is wasting time)

Here are the swatches for this palette :
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box Swatch [W/O PRIMER]
TOP ROW : Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper
BOTTOM ROW : Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, Sin

I personally like Mildew, Last Call, Chopper, Shattered and Grifter. And oh, Sin too. I've loved it since the first time I received my BOS IV.
They're very pigmented and the colors are very vibrant. I can't wait to do my eye makeup with this palette!

My only concern about this palette is fallouts. UD always have issue with their eyeshadows for falling out, especially the shades with glitters in it and when I swatched the Shattered shade, I saw the powder is a little crumbling. Fortunately it didn't get messy.. ><

OVERALL :
Pro(s) :
-Cute packaging
-Highly pigmented, vibrant colors
-Travel-friendly size

Con(s) :
-Quite expensive
-Hard to find in Indonesia

Well, I guess my review is done here. I'll post my FOTD using this shadows soon. xD
I hope this review is helpful for you. Thanks for reading^^

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here, but please DO NOT leave any kind of ill words, insults, and promotions/advertising/offers there as I will not responding to it.
I read and reply every single comments as soon as I log in.
Do leave your own blog link so I can visit back. :)

X.o.x.o.,
Reen <3